Stabo 933/934 prs cb.

QRZ934 schrieb in Übersetzung
Zitat: Danke Peter, ich neige heutzutage eher dazu zuzuhören als zu senden.
Ich habe gerade eine kleine "Biene in meiner Haube" von 934 MHz, das ist keine Frequenz, auf die ich als Youngtimer jemals Zugriff hatte, und ich bin davon fasziniert.
Ich hoffe, dass mit den neuen 5G-Netzen, die online gehen, 934 MHz von den GSM-Unternehmen auf der Suche nach immer mehr Bandbreite aufgegeben werden. Ich hoffe, sie werden höher und veröffentlichen die Band wieder ... das kann man nie sagen. smiley
Was den Brexit angeht, so wie es der Rest der Welt sieht, kann ich nur raten.
Ich nehme nicht an, dass es für alle anderen zu gut aussieht, aber wir Engländer sind sehr lustig.
Die meisten Probleme im Zusammenhang mit dem Brexit sind darauf zurückzuführen, dass die meisten unserer nutzlosen Politiker das Votum für den Austritt nicht ehren wollen, weshalb es viel zu lange gedauert hat und ein Durcheinander der Dinge verursacht hat.
Ich hoffe, dass am Ende alles klappt. smiley
73 ist Tony.

Hello Tony I believe less that the frequencies in this 933/934 Mhz area are abandoned abandoned, too large is the need of greedy mobile network companies. But if these fail, then we laugh and look down on the Handy Netz Group big shots, because the CB radio and amateur radio is the only functinonierende means of communication. As for the Brits, they already have a funny humor. I think Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson just awesome, it is questionable whether the Brexit was not a mistake, but England must decide for themselves.
greeting 73 & 55 Peter

----------------------
Übersetzung
hallo Tony
das glaube ich weniger, das die Frequenzen in diesem 933/934 Mhz Bereich aufgegeben frei werden, zu groß ist der Bedarf der Gierigen Handy Netz Konzerne.
Aber wenn diese mal ausfallen, dann lachen wir und schauen auf die Handy Netz Konzern Bonzen herunter, weil der CB Funk und Amateurfunk das einzigste Funktinonierende Kommunikationsmittel ist.
Was die Britten angeht haben sie schon einen Lustigen Humor. Ich finde Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson einfach genial, fraglich ist ob der Brexit nicht ein fehler war, aber das muss England selbst entscheiden.
Gruß
73&55 Peter

Hello Radio friends.

Today I had delivered another 934 mhz cb radio.
Its a uk specification , cybernet delta 1 and I was quite lucky to get it because it also had included a Nevada communications 934mhz antenna preamplifier which works!
The radio casing is a bit shabby and the front panel isnt very clean and has minor nicks and slight marks, so I opened up the case because the screws had already been removed at some point, but after a close inspection it does not appear to have had the attention of a "doodlestick" inside and appears untouched.
The PCB traces are also in good and untouched condition.

Hooking the radio up to the co-linear antenna and switching on , the radio crackled into life, all the buttons work well and although the squelch control is a bit noisy it works as it should.
Pretty much all 40 channels appart fom 16 and 40 were filled with gsm noise, nasty stuff!
The preamplifier also works good, and switches over on TX to RX.
So now I have to refubish the casing, find some new screws and fix the noisy controls.
Interestingly it has 40 channels. My other delta1 has only 20.
I believe the 40 channels are made by interleaving between the existing 20 channels but i will know for sure when I have the frequency counter attached.

Hello Peter, I have a picture of the radio, I hope this link works!

[Bild: arG148H.jpg]
Quite compact, this one has only 20 channels, the other has 40.

Klasse Dialog, da kommen Erinnerungen aus alten Zeiten hoch ;-)
Von diesen Zeiten habe ich als Andenken noch das Clarion im Keller liegen.

http://www.rigpix.com/900mhz/clarion_jc10.htm

73 Achim (13HN465)

Hello Santana! Those clarion radios and many more are still possible to get even today, some are still new in their boxes from auctions in Japan.
I was sorely tempted to buy one a while back as the price was only £43 (about 55 euro) plus postage but its hard to get things shipped from Japan due to the way they sell items on their auction sites and they add on lots of fees!

Peter, in the uk we were allowed to use 8watts erp and a beam antenna on 934 too!
I may have one arriving shortly and will post a photo of it when its here.

73,s Tony.

Halllo Tony
The bigger problem is customs fees for importing from Japan rather than auction platform fees. If you have the radios, you are welcome to post them here in the forum, we are already looking forward to the pictures of the radios.
greetings
73&55
Peter
##########
Übersetzung
Halllo Tony
Das größere Problem sind eher die Zollgebühren für die Einfuhr aus Japan, als die Gebühren der Auktionsplattform.
Wenn du die Funkgeräte hast, kannst du sie hier gerne ins Forum setzen, wir sind schon auf die Bilder der Funkgeräte sehr gespannt.
Grüße
73&55
Peter

Hello Peter, Here are a few photos.
One of the stabo, and another of a pair of JTI international handhelds for 934 mhz.
I have only one antenna for those radios and one battery pack but I will re-engineer both items soon and have two functional handheld radios! I also have the charger which is very rare.

[Bild: KJ1sREH.jpg]

[Bild: xnhKoBJ.jpg]

Zitat:QRZ-934 schrieb:
Hello Peter, Here are a few photos.
One of the stabo, and another of a pair of JTI international handhelds for 934 mhz.I have only one antenna for those radios and one battery pack but I will re-engineer both items soon and have two functional handheld radios! I also have the charger which is very rare.
------------------
Hallo Peter, hier ein paar Fotos. Einer der Stabo und einer der beiden internationalen JTI-Handhelds für 934 MHz. Ich habe nur eine Antenne für diese Funkgeräte und ein Akkupack, aber ich
werde beide Teile in Kürze überarbeiten und über zwei funktionierende Handfunkgeräte verfügen! Ich habe auch das Ladegerät, das sehr selten ist.

Hello Tony
thanks for the pictures very nice radios. handheld radios are also interesting. Maybe you will find batteries at a radio flea market in the UK or in Germany, if you
manage to come to the FM conference in Weinheim or Rheintal Elektronica Durmersheim near Karlsruhe, radio operators will come from all over Europe.
You can use the charger
for both radios if you no longer get a second one.
greetings
73 & 55 Peter
----------------------
Hallo Tony
Danke für die Bilder
sehr schöne Funkgeräte.
interessant auch die Handfunkgeräte.
Vielleicht findest du ja Akkus auf einem Funkflohmarkt in UK oder in Deutschland, wenn du es schafft
auf die UKW Tagung in Weinheim
oder Rheintal Elektronica
Durmersheim bei Karlsruhe zu kommen, dort kommen aus ganz Europa
Funker hin. Das Ladegerät kannst du ja eines für beide Funkgeräte nutzen, wenn du kein zweites mehr
bekommst.
Grüße
73&55 Peter

Ok, so I received my Loop antenna for 934mhz, looks to be well contructed but is pretty old, has never been assembled though.,

Also in the box was a brand new old stock stabo prs 933/934 radio, all in mint condition.
Looks to have been made around 1983 i think.
So After seeing what I had in the box, I assembled the power cord and microphone to the radio, checked the polarity to the power supply and switched on.
The first thing I noticed was I could not see the display, it didnt come on which isnt what should happen.
I could hear the static on receive but no display, the channel selection button did work as did the beeper.
I then thought I saw the vaguest wisp of smoke coming from the front of the set, immediately I switched off.
That was most concerning to me, so I decided to remove the covers and see if anything obvious stood out.
Its been probably 25 years or more since I had my nose inside anything electronic and these radios are fairly compact with a lot of smd components so I was a little concerned to say the least!
I couldnt see anything obvious on the pcb, no tracks burned, nothing shorted, the radio was keeping its secret.
Sniffing the pcb gave a clue, I could detect the smell of something that had become heated but not burned.
Hmmm, where to look?
Thankfully the circuit diagram I had sent from Stabo last week provided some help.
I had noticed that a small ceramic coated inductor appeared to be discoloured behind the front panel, so I looked at the location on the diagram.
Its connected to pin 1 of a transistor array which drives the display and from there it jumps off onto a 470 uf 10 volt electrolytic capacitor, the other side of which goes to ground.
Tracing backwards on the diagram, shows that the inductor is fed by an 8 volt line that comes directly from an AN 7808 voltage regulator.
Establishing that the regulator is the source of the power for the IC I turned my attention to the capacitor.
Using a needle type multimeter, set to ohms range of x10 I touched the leads and found a direct short. The diagram shows the capacitor in series to the power feed so it means the 8 volts is flowing directly to ground and turning the inductor into an electric heater.
A quick check of the capacitor in reverse showed the same result-shorted.
As you know, a quick and dirty check of electrolytics can be done using the charge/reverse charge method.
What I think has happened is over time the capacitor has broken down internally due to the electrolyte corroding the internal structure and allowing the short to occur.
Since the 8 volts has been directed to ground through the capaictor, it also means the transistor array has no voltage to drive the display, I do feel happy to have found the issue so quickly!

Im quite pleased with myself so far ( hopefully no other issues will be found) as its been a long time since I had anything to do with electronics of any kind.
I have ordered up a load of capacitors ( Rubycon from Japan) to replace all the other electrolytics inside the radio also. I shall also replace all the capaictors in the other Stabo radio too as its of a similar age.
I will report my findings when I have replaced the defective component!
Tomorrow, I may assemble the loop yagi and take a few pictures for you all. Smile

Hello,

glad to read, that Stabo could send you the technical papers :-)

The capacitors may fallen dry after so long being unused.

schön zu sehen, dass STABO Dir helfen konnte.
Die Elektrolyt Kondensatoren könnten nach so langer Zeit, wo das Gerät nicht genutzt wurde, ausgetrocknet sein, dann passieren seltsame Dinge.

73 & 55 (Gruss)
Henning Gajek
CB: Bad Dürkheim 23 / Bravo Delta 23 / 13HN23
QRV seit 1977

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste